Please Join Us for the
“Walk for Education”
at Lumpini Park
October 26, 2008
Dear Friends of Mercy Centre,
We wish to invite you to join us - our staff and children - for a very special event, a fun-filled Sunday morning walk in Lumpini Park this coming October 26th.
Friends have organized the event to include plenty of entertainment for all ages, especially children, so please bring your whole family as well as friends, and colleagues. You are all most welcome!
All proceeds from the event will go to strengthen and expand our education programs, which include:
• 30 Mercy Preschools in Bangkok’s Slums
• Over 1,000 Education Sponsorships for the poorest children, including orphaned, abused and abandoned street children and children living with HIV.
• The Janusz Korczak School of SE Asia for street children
• Mokan (ethnic Sea Gypsy) Pioneer Education Project
Ways To Sponsor or Assist the Organizers:
• Cash donation
• Donating your product or Gifts-in-Kind
• Participation as volunteer on the event day
• Providing fundraising support
Several companies and local schools will be walking with us as well.
This event is very important to the poor children in our schools and to those who receive our education sponsorships through high school, vocational college and university. We do hope you will join together with all of us to help make the “Walk for Education” a great day for poor children.
If you are a school and wish to participate, please read our FAQ for Schools.
If you wish to be a sponsor, please read our FAQ for Sponsors.
P.S. Tickets/registration cards are available at The Emporium Department Store before the event, or in Lumpini Park at the “walk” on October 26.